Monday, April 30, 2012

Margaritas and Racing; Not at the Same Time...

Since moving to Sacramento Lisa and I have enjoyed a few bike rides within the city, most recently to Ernesto's for some Mexican Food and killer margaritas (notice I didn't say killer Mexican Food).  Our town bikes were great for getting around and are finally going to get their proper use...
The other big bike-related news in the last few months is that I've finally obtained my Category 3 upgrade.  I'm excited to be racing at a new level and hope I can hold my own...  The new TT bike below should hopefully help in the race against the clock...

Lisa's Electra and my Surly parked outside of Ernesto's for Friday Night Margaritas in Downtown Sacramento
The new Time Trial Bike - built for speed, not for turning
All the gear ready to be packed up after a tough ride at Wente Vineyards Road Race in Livermore, CA - about  40th place out of 70 guys or so, rough day, and a lot of climbing...
Everyone talks about how dangerous bike racing is, and it is definitely dangerous - this little guy seems to help though


No comments:

Post a Comment